Friday, September 01, 2006

Take 5 - 9/1/06

After Tuesday's class I am feeling better with what is going on. It is amazing to see so many of us interested in changing some of our concepts of teaching. I have been challenging myself to ask better questions in class and I've been working on creative warm-up activities for my Personal Survival and Sports Medicine classes. The students are engaged immediately and they know if they are late they will miss out on the activity and important discussions.
Jesse C. set up a great class blog for his medicine class that gave me some good ideas for Personal Survival and Sports Medicine. Like we talked about in class, I want my class blogs to be meaningful and NOT busy work. Coming up with ideas and questions for postings is what I am working on right now. I have talked to my classes and for the most part the students seem interested in participating. I think it will be a great way to say in touch with my classes while I am on maternity leave.
It is so nice to meet with other teachers to share ideas and learn how to implement those ideas into lessons. I am very excited about 21C Learners and Constructivist Teaching. I really look forward to our classes and reading others blogs.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karl Fisch said...

Feel free to run some of those "ideas and questions for postings" by the rest of us - either in person or through your blog. Together I'm sure we can make them meaningful for your students.

8:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home