Tuesday, September 04, 2007

What matters?

I have the privilege to teach Personal Survival (health) to high school juniors. At this point in a 16 year old's life I have asked myself, "what matters?" What do these student's care about within the realm of the health field? So I have set off to find out.

By using a gallery walk format, I have posed questions to the students about each of our units in class. Through their answers I will be able to modify my lessons to include their interests and concerns.

I want these juniors to take ownership of their learning in my health class. So, "what matters" to 16 year old students when in comes to 1st Aid, CPR, fitness, nutrition, relationships, sexuality, cancer, substance abuse, and stress management? We shall see...

1 Comments:

Blogger Karl Fisch said...

I like it. I'm curious, have you shared this approach with the other Personal Survival teachers?

Keep us posted on what the students say, and then what you do.

9:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home